Every government in the world is very serious in protecting its culture and heritage and in Australia; the government has taken all required measures to safeguard its Australian aboriginal culture. People may not be able to understand about the history, if people do not take care of the aboriginal culture. For thousands of years, the Australian aboriginal ancient art was very popular with people. It is important for people to know about the ancient culture, lifestyle and other important aspects. The Australian government has framed laws for the aboriginal people as well as the places. Today, there are very experienced heritage consultants, who have vast knowledge about the aboriginal culture of Australia.
Practices And Special Ceremonies Of Aboriginal People:
In ancient days, the aboriginal people were having several important practices and ceremonies and people of this generation should learn about the culture, heritage and civilization of ancient people.
- In those ancient days, people used to perform a ceremony, which was known as Bora. This ceremony was performed, when a boy became a man.
- In recent times, similar ceremony is being performed, when a girl attains age and this practice is still there, in many parts of the world.
- The aboriginal people used to conduct ceremonial meetings regularly. This ceremonial meeting was known as the Corrowboree.
- The fire-stick farming was one of the effective practices of the aboriginal people, this was burning the vegetation area.
- The purpose of the practice was to develop hunting and to reduce bush-fire accidents.
People Of Modern Era And Knowledge Of Aboriginal People:
There are various organizations, which have cultural heritage advisors to help people to know more about their ancient heritage. At times, people may commit offenses against the aboriginal heritage and culture laws, inadvertently and they need to seek guidance from the experts. In addition, these advisors conduct special conferences to create awareness about the aboriginal people and their way of life.
Complete Protection For Aboriginal Culture With Effective Act:
At present, the government of Australia is enforcing the aboriginal cultural heritage act and this act was first introduced in the year, 2003. Recognition, conservation and protection are some of the effective aspects of the law and all citizens of Australia and others, who live Australia, should obey the law.
The law clearly explains about the ownership, possession and custodianship of aboriginal cultural heritage.